Sunday's message was from Ecclesiastes 2:1 - The Search for Satisfaction. Listen to it here. Our drama team wrote original pieces for each week. This week's was awesome! Watch it here.
The highlight of the morning was a baptism we did only in the 3rd service. We normally don't do baptisms during Advent since the services are so full. I'm glad we made an exception!
My friend Matt has a son Ben who attends school in Austin. Over the past month or two, Ben met and befriended a homeless man, Wayne. Through Matt's and Ben's care in Wayne's life, Wayne came to Christ and was spending Thanksgiving in Dallas with his new friends. Wayne's baptism is a great reminder of the amazing love and pursuit of the Father.
I led worship in all 3 services this week.
1st service team: Danielle on vox, Cris on keys, Dr. Hansen on organ.
2nd-3rd service team: Aaron on drums, Brady on bass, Mitch on electric gtr, Cris on keys, Philip on acoustic gtr and vox, Danielle and vox, Travis on acoustic guitar and vox.
- Blessed Be Your Name - Matt Redman [Bb] (2nd and 3rd services only)
- Come Thou Long Expected Jesus - Charles Wesley [D]
- Here Is Love - Matt Redman version of the classic hymn [F]
- O Come Let Us Adore Him - Wade/Reading [F-G]
- He Is With You - Ronnie Freeman [C] (Unfortunately, Ronnie Freeman's version isn't available on iTunes. The link goes to Mandissa's version. Here are the lyrics.)
- Joy To The World - Isaac Watts [C-D]
Were you at the service? I would love to hear your comments or questions.