Monday, December 7, 2009

Sunday Setlist :: 12-6-09

The second Sunday of Advent did not start as planned. One thing after another went wrong. It was one of those Sundays where I knew it could only be a great service in spite of us. I know it can be trite to say it like this, but God showed up.

The sermon was from Ecc. 4:4-12. Neil talked about choosing to press the stop button on the treadmill of life. The treadmill runs on competition/envy and greed. The treadmill steals rest and relationship. We can hit the stop button believing we have nothing left to prove. (Listen to the sermon.)

Part two of the drama was even better than week one. Our drama team is amazing! (see it here)

This week I led worship in the 2nd and 3rd services.

Team: Aaron on drums, Brady on bass, Mitch on electric gtr, Cris on keys, Linda on piano, Philip on acoustic gtr and vox, Danielle and vox, Travis on acoustic guitar and vox.

Setlist:
  • Joy to the World - Isaac Watts [C-D] - It was the opener this week, so we country-fied it.
  • O Come All Ye Faithful - Wade/Reading [G]
  • O Come, O Come Emmanuel - Neale/Helmore [Em]
  • Revelation Song - Jennie Riddle [E] - Originally Bren was going to lead this song, but she was sick. Now that I've led it twice, I think I'm stealing it back from Bren. (Hey Bren, you can keep Hosanna even though I like to lead that one too!)
  • Emmanuel -Bob McGee [C]
  • Two Sets of Joneses - [D] - This Big Tent Revival classic isn't everyone's flavor, but I think it was a great fit for service. (lyrics here)
  • COMMUNION: Lead Me to the Cross - [Bm] - Danielle led this song for the first time and was awesome!
  • OUTRO SONG: He Is With You - Ronnie Freeman [C] - This song is so powerful. We normally don't do an outro song, but I'm glad we did. Several people stayed in their seats to listen, and I could see people hugging and crying. It's a poignant song for people in many different phases of life.
Read set lists from other churches at FredMcKinnon.com.

Were you at the service? I would love to hear your comments or questions.

4 comments:

  1. totally didn't like the joneses, but you knew that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to officially say that Danielle Jones is my hero this week. The person who was planned to sing "Lead Me to the Cross" was sick and Danielle step up to the plate big time. Thanks Danielle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Travis, I'm with you. God showed up in mighty ways through the entire worship service this week. Thanks for all the time you and the team put into Sunday mornings! And kudos to Danielle for stepping up and doing an amazing job leading us into worship with "Lead Me To The Cross". We missed you Bren, I hope you get well soon!

    May the Spirit of the Living God continue to make His presence more and more known to us as a body and individuals of Northwest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TWO SETS OF JONES - great song!

    ReplyDelete