The sermon was from Ecc. 4:4-12. Neil talked about choosing to press the stop button on the treadmill of life. The treadmill runs on competition/envy and greed. The treadmill steals rest and relationship. We can hit the stop button believing we have nothing left to prove. (Listen to the sermon.)
Part two of the drama was even better than week one. Our drama team is amazing! (see it here)
This week I led worship in the 2nd and 3rd services.
Team: Aaron on drums, Brady on bass, Mitch on electric gtr, Cris on keys, Linda on piano, Philip on acoustic gtr and vox, Danielle and vox, Travis on acoustic guitar and vox.
- Joy to the World - Isaac Watts [C-D] - It was the opener this week, so we country-fied it.
- O Come All Ye Faithful - Wade/Reading [G]
- O Come, O Come Emmanuel - Neale/Helmore [Em]
- Revelation Song - Jennie Riddle [E] - Originally Bren was going to lead this song, but she was sick. Now that I've led it twice, I think I'm stealing it back from Bren. (Hey Bren, you can keep Hosanna even though I like to lead that one too!)
- Emmanuel -Bob McGee [C]
- Two Sets of Joneses - [D] - This Big Tent Revival classic isn't everyone's flavor, but I think it was a great fit for service. (lyrics here)
- COMMUNION: Lead Me to the Cross - [Bm] - Danielle led this song for the first time and was awesome!
- OUTRO SONG: He Is With You - Ronnie Freeman [C] - This song is so powerful. We normally don't do an outro song, but I'm glad we did. Several people stayed in their seats to listen, and I could see people hugging and crying. It's a poignant song for people in many different phases of life.
Were you at the service? I would love to hear your comments or questions.