I led worship in the 2nd and 3rd services yesterday (and also did the offering song in the 1st service).
2nd-3rd service team: Aaron on drums, David (Aaron's brother-in-law - Thanks Dave!) on bass, Mitch on electric guitar, Cris on B3, Seth on piano, Danielle and Marcy and vox, Travis on acoustic guitar and vox.
Setlist (song titles link to iTunes):
- Glory to God Forever - Fee [Bb] - We introduced this song, and I'm looking forward to kicking off the next couple weeks with it as well. I've been itching to do this song since I first played on it in November at a God of the City event at Bent Tree Bible. It's a simple song that get's right to it. This line says it all, "Take my life and let it be all for You and for Your glory."
- Open the Eyes of My Heart - Paul Baloche [E] - A classic song which helps us voice an important prayer - "Open the eyes of my heart Lord. I want to see You."
- Revelation Song - Gateway Worship or Philips, Craig & Dean [E]
- Communion Bread Song - In Christ Alone with The Solid Rock - Northwest arrangement [D-E] - Marcy led us on this one.
- Communion Cup Song - Lead Me To The Cross - Hillsong [D] - Danielle led us on this one.
- Offering Song - Ancient Words - Michael W. Smith [E] - I led this by myself from the piano. Confession - This song is perfect for the topic, but it's hard for me to get excited to do a full band version. The recorded versions all sound like bad imitations of the Titanic soundtrack. James Cameron has a new movie now. Will the next wave of worship songs sound like the Avatar soundtrack? Goodbye Celine Dion. Hello Leona Lewis.
Pastor Neil Tomba blogs about the service here.
Were you at the service? I would love to hear your comments or questions. What songs did you like and why? What songs do you not like and why? What songs would you like to sing this month/year?